1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

Affiliates - Do they work?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Lord Roco, May 24, 2013.

1. Lord Roco

Lord Roco Most Celebrated Member

Honestly, do they work? I tried them for quite some time and my benefits were really scarce. I definitely appreciate the efforts made my a few other people in bringing such programmes into the forefront, but for some strange reasons, people have learned their way and it is not working anymore.

I would like to know your experiences about such affiliates? Did they work for you? If yes, what did you do to gain more and more affiliates?

2. SeanFace101

SeanFace101 Associate Active Member

Yes they work. Before spending a lot of time and effort in trying to get sign ups in your affiliate program, you have to check the affiliate programs benefits and also wither you earn one time earnings on their sign up or first purchase, or if the earnings will be for life. A tip from me would be to choose one that offers life time referral earnings, offers no less than 10% of the purchases your affiliates make and also it is a service within a niche that you like and are knowledgeable about. For the actual promotion of your affiliate links, banners, etc.. I suggest creating a website, putting your links and banners on it, then promoting that via SEO, Social Networks, etc.. rather than promoting the actual referral / affiliate links themselves. Takes time though, but it can work if you stick at it and adapt to new promotion techniques, google updates, etc.. :p

#2 SeanFace101, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2014
  3. Georgiaâ„¢

Georgiaâ„¢ Associate Active Member

How do you make one of these?

4. SeanFace101

SeanFace101 Associate Active Member

One of what? A website to promote affiliate links on?

#4 SeanFace101, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  5. angie828

angie828 Most Celebrated Member

They do work. I worked as a affiliate for about 6 months. I was able to make some easy money not doing a whole lot of work.

6. Jason

Jason An Active Forum Member

They do work if they are targeted a the right audience. Lets say you have a medical forum but you sell some tech gadgets affiliate. It won't work. An affiliate ad which matches your niche will bring in more success depending upon the visitors

7. JoshSmith100

JoshSmith100 An Active Forum Member

They definitely work and it doesn't take much time out of your day to do it since you dont really need to do anything except have traffic on your site.

8. TheUninvited

TheUninvited Most Celebrated Member

You could promote your referall link through ebooks and websites and even social websites like facebook and twitter.

9. Bev

Bev Most Celebrated Member

You get out of an affiliate program, only what you put into it. So if you are very active on forums promoting your affiliate site and talking it up, encouraging others to join, then you are likely to get more click throughs and sign ups, than if you passively stuck the affiliate link in your signature line and just hoped for sign ups. People want to hear about your success with an affiliate program, before they join. This is especially true of affiliate programs that allow you to recruit sub affiliates who will earn money for you. Most people have joined so many affiliate programs and earned nothing,they are going to be leary of joining yet another one. You need to provide payment proofs of your own success (even include a link to payment proofs or blog posts with these in your signature line). Build an affiliate blog where you talk about your best affiliate products. Just be sure to provide high quality affiliate training methods on your blog, not just advertisements for your affiliate products and programs.

PassingThrough likes this.
Live Thread addon by sonnb