1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest email marketing mistakes

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Bev, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Bev

Bev Most Celebrated Member

What would you consider to be the biggest mistakes email marketers make? For one thing, not asking for feedback from their email subscribers could be considered a huge mistake. After all, who knows more about what they want to read in an email than the person receiving it? What are some other mistakes email marketers make?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Most Celebrated Member

I feel that some of the problems email marketers make is targeting the wrong kind of audience a lot of the time. Some email marketers tend to just send emails to anyone hoping that they will pay attention but many just class it as spam as they are not interested in what the email is about. Another mistake I feel is email marketers not putting enough into emails to keep people interested.

3. Sharon

Sharon Most Celebrated Member

I would have to agree with Shortie on this one. I can't tell you how many times I've received emails from stores where they are trying to sell me baby products (I don't have any kids!). lol I think it's important that the emails be relevant to your audience.

4. Bev

Bev Most Celebrated Member

And, I think that's related to spam emails as soemtimes a site owner will simply buyy a list of email addresses which have been scraped from online sites. These emails are not targeted. And, if your email address ends up on this list you are likely to get spam emails about things you dont' want or need.

Live Thread addon by sonnb