1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

How many emails per day should you be sending?

Discussion in 'Email Marketing' started by Bev, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Bev

Bev Most Celebrated Member

Should you only send one email daily or can you get away with sending multiple emails? Would this annoy a subscriber?

2. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Our Commercial Partner
    Hosting Provider

I think 1 email is enough per subscriber. This is create less spam and people will appreciate reading your emails.

3. Kindle

Kindle Associate Active Member

5 e-mails per day to subscribers isn't a bad number. I've been spam e-mailed by Google Offers and other websites that send me 30 e-mails per day. Its a pain in the ass, now my Gmail account is full of garbage. I've unsubscribed to these e-mails, but these pesky offers keep on coming back to me. Its getting a bit difficult to take out the spam nowadays.

4. Sharon

Sharon Most Celebrated Member

I think one email a week is plenty. I don't mind receiving promotional offers in my email but I'm only really open to them if I actually signed up with them in the first place. Notifications from forums (newsletters) are fine in my opinion so as long as the administrator is not whining and practically begging users to come back and post. I once emailed the admin back saying it's a turn off to receive an email with him whining and demanding we come back and post of the forum. He had the audacity to reply back and say that he wasn't whining and if I signed up for the forum why am I not posting. Needless to say I physically deleted my account so I wouldn't have to correspond with him anymore.

5. Lord Roco

Lord Roco Most Celebrated Member

I think it actually depends on what type of subscription letter you are holding. Lets take two possible scenarios.

1. Imagine that a person has subscribed to daily updates of a blog or news site. He or she is keen on receiving the blog updates/ or the encapsulated form of news everyday. Normally, the frequency of one per day wouldnt be an issue because the subscriber and opted to subscribe for a reason.

2. Imagine if a member is a part of the forum and the subscription letter he is receiving is about updates on the forum. I am sure, despite the intensity of ones dedication to the forum he/she would not be happy about receiving updates every day or week. In such cases, its good to keep the frequency to as low as one per month. If its a forum where a lot happens, then the optimal frequency is biweekly.

Bev likes this.
Live Thread addon by sonnb