1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

I am using too much bandwidth! Is there anyway for me to make it less?

Discussion in 'Webmaster Discussion' started by crescendo, Sep 2, 2016.

1. crescendo

crescendo Most Celebrated Member

I am using too much bandwidth! Is there anyway for me to make it less? Please share if you know.

2. Tom

Tom An Active Forum Member

for watching video websites lower the quality of videos in its playback settings,
    Websites having flash contents that auto loads all the flash ads or other videos or images on your click, do not get them loaded as there is an option in the google chrome advanced content plug -in settings. Choose the Let me choose when to run plugin content option and Manage Exceptions choosing which sites to show flash content or not.
    http://www.limoserviceairport.biz/mountain-view-limo-service/

3. katia maze

katia maze Associate Active Member

Thanks Tom for the feedback

4. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Our Commercial Partner
    Hosting Provider

You can use ad blockers and pop up blockers in Chrome to limit your bandwidth usage. Blocking ads will help save much of your monthly bandwidth.

5. PassingThrough

PassingThrough The IMSpot Administrator
    Staff Member

Hiya Crescendo,

There are ways to make it less but you firstly need to work out just where all this bandwidth is going, any ideas?

One of the things you might check is if anyone is hot linking to your site, this has the effect of you hosting someones content and them using your bandwidth ... there are numerous sites that provide checking tools for this, type 'hotlink checker' into your search engine and pick one.

6. Dewlance

Dewlance An Active Forum Member

You can use proxy or VPN which use content compression technology or any browser which compress website content and deliver it to your website.

If you are a website owner then enable content compression for your site.

Live Thread addon by sonnb