1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

Were you ever scammed by an affiliate program?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Bev, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Bev

Bev Most Celebrated Member

About ten years ago, I was part of an amazing affiliate program that offered some really good products as well as sleek promotional banners and articles to be used by the affiliates. The affiliate program encouraged recruiting of subaffiliates. So during the three months I was with the site, I recruited 21 subaffiliates and earned $75, most of that money being in the last month. Then one day, I logged in and there was no progress on stats. Later, when I put in a cash out request (which was for $75 minimum), there was no response. And, about a month later, the domain name redirected to an alternate site. Apparently there were reports on the internet as to how the site owner had scammed affiliates and taken all the earnings, not even bothering to pay out. This is just one example of an affiliate scam. Since then, I have only dealt with Clickbank and a few other proven affiliate programs that are guaranteed to pay out.

2. Sharon

Sharon Most Celebrated Member

Wow that sounds terrible. I will be wary of programs like these in the future. I always make the habit of doing research before going into any agreement. It's a good practice to do just in case other people have been in the same boat. Rule of thumb is...if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is so do your research before you agree to anything like that.

Live Thread addon by sonnb