1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Visitor, we are presently having a membership drive and as a result EVERY new member that registers an account and makes THREE meaningful posts will have a mighty $10,000$ forum credits added to their wallets ... GET YOURS NOW!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. IMSpot.Org is under new management and we look forward to bringing you a range of exciting enhancements in coming days.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dear Visitors, why not register an account now and say hello ... we really would love to hear from you?
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to IMSpot.Org an internet marketing forum and very friendly place for discussion, learning and help in your online endeavours ... please consider joining our internet marketing community and sharing your knowledge with our members.
    Dismiss Notice

Which website is better .COM, .ORG, .NET, etc?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ArkPresentation, Jan 10, 2017.

1. ArkPresentation

ArkPresentation An Active Forum Member

Which website is better .COM, .ORG, .NET, etc?

2. Mike

Mike Associate Active Member
    Premium

I personally use only .com or .org these days, but that is simply a personal preference.

The most compelling reason I imagine for using using something other than .com is the fact the domain name you wish to register is already gone, so if you really wish to stick with that name then you will be required to choose a TLD that still offers it, no biggie really.

It's worth mentioning that quite a lot of established and long standing websites have actually dropped their .com extensions for some more modern along the lines of, .buzz, .realtor, .paris and many more besides so don't worry about being creative.

As far as any search engine is concerned I don't believe they promote any one TLD over another so feel free to go with what you have a linking for.

3. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin Our Commercial Partner
    Hosting Provider

I think .com is the top level domain name extension which is preferred by all search engines. One can use a .org for any organization but for global websites .com is the best preference to rank in search engines.

4. jamesjennifer

jamesjennifer An Active Forum Member

I think It is totally depends on your business products, But I like .com extension.

5. Kevin

Kevin An Active Forum Member

com is always better choice of many web users.

6. ran div

ran div An Active Forum Member

I always like .com extension.

7. jamesjennifer

jamesjennifer An Active Forum Member

Why ?? Is there any reason ??

Live Thread addon by sonnb